History

  • The First Tabernacle Missionary Baptist Church was organized on October 16, 1898 under the Pastorate of Rev. J. C. Urby
  • The original location of the Church was on Walker Street in Frog Town, Savannah, Georgia
  • The Church has been relocated twice
    • It was relocated to Huntington Street in 1903
    • In 1914, it was relocated again to its current address, 310 Alice Street in Savannah
  • The first brick was laid in 1913 by Sister Susan Exley, and the structure was completed in 1917

Former Pastors

J. C. Urby (1898 – 1904)
Toby Sanford (1904 – 1906)
C. W. Carswell (1906 -1910)
E. D. Davis (1910 – 1944)
W. W. Wilburn (1944 – 1952)
Eugene Gates Lane (1952 -1967)
Samuel Williams (1968 – 1976)
W. N. Robinson (1977 – 1989)
H. Allen Green (1990 – 1996)
Paul L. Taylor (1997 – 2000)
Clarence Williams (2001 – Jan 5, 2014)
Marilyn L. Felder (Jan – Oct 2014)

Pastor Andre J. Osborne (Oct 2014 – Current)